Friday, April 12, 2024

Week 2; Around Campus

     The goal of this week's assignment was to break out of our comfort zone, talk to people, and get their names, as well as an Overall, Medium, and Closeup. I wouldn't say I succeeded in my goal of talking to people, but I am proud of myself because I spoke to one person!

   On Wednesday, the 10th of April, I met Cara White, a staff member at LBCC who has worked here for 6 years in the Adult Learning Skills Department. They were exceptionally kind when I spoke with them. They told me a bit about their work and that they also had a hobby in photography, specifically Macro Photography! 

    On Thursday the 11th, I was walking to meet my fiance, Alexander Springer, a computer science major. I know we are supposed to avoid taking pictures of friends and family, but I saw this opportunity to take this picture and had to go for it. I love how the students are framed within the structure of the building. 

    On Friday the 11th, Sarah Rose and Rob Priewe took the students of Photo Journalism out to learn how to take photos. We split off in two groups but again conjoined at the Pickleball court. These two individuals were the current winning team. I wish I could've stayed longer because the game was exciting to watch, and by the end of my short time, I was dying to see who would end up the victor! 

    As we were walking to the pickleball court, I noticed these flowers! I love the contrast between the colors. Spring truly is in motion!




    






No comments:

Post a Comment

Earth Day at LBCC Campus 2024!

     This Monday, April 22, is Earth Day, and things are in full swing on the LBCC campus in Albany! The Green Team—Meg Roland, Cait Morgan,...